Supporting our veterans and investing in the men and women of today’s Armed Forces is a priority for Conservatives.
We understand the sacrifices made by Armed Forces personnel, veterans and their families.
That is why we will introduce new legislation to tackle the vexatious legal claims that undermine our Armed Forces and further incorporate the Armed Forces Covenant into law. So far, we have established the new Office for Veterans’ Affairs
For Conservatives, the security of our nation comes first.
- Continue to exceed the NATO target of spending 2 per cent of GDP on defence and increase the budget by at least 0.5 per cent above inflation every year of the new Parliament.
- We will ensure that the democratic rights of people in Gibraltar, the Falklands and all our overseas territories are protected.
- Modernise the equipment and improve the capability of our world-class Armed Forces and intelligence agencies.
- Invest in training and equipping our Armed Forces, and constantly champion their exemplary contribution to our security and our country.
- Maintain our Trident nuclear deterrent, which guarantees our security.
- Adapt to new threats, investing more in cybersecurity and setting up the UK’s first Space Command.
- Stand and fight against terrorism and extremism, at home and around the world.
- Support the UK’s worldclass defence industry by investing in ambitious global programmes, including building the new Type 31 frigates in British shipyards and a new generation of armoured vehicles, also made in Britain.
We need you! Join us: find out more here
Locally, we are keen to recruit current and former members of the Armed Forces as members and candidates - your skills, dedication and commitment are needed as much in your community as they are in our country.
That's one of the reasons why Standard Conservative Party Membership – and all associated benefits – is offered at a reduced rate for serving and former members of our Armed Forces - just £15 a year. Join us.
So far, 200 members of our Armed Forces across Cheshire and Wirral have become Conservative Party members. We'd like to welcome you next.